Kiko Milano: Neo Noir Skin Modernist Foundation Review


Kiko Milano: Neo Noir Skin Modernist Foundation Review

Ah, foundation. The rest of my makeup wouldn't apply well without it, but Jesus, it's a bloody damn nightmare for us ghosts to find a good one - I'm talking about the people whose faces go translucent in selfies here.

The Kiko Milano Neo Noir Skin Modernist Foundation is a product which first caught my eye on Twitter, since I spend around 75% of my day on it LOL, so when I headed to a Student Lock-in (featured in my Kiko Milano haul) and saw it when I ventured into good old Newcastle Kiko, it was the first thing in my basket.

I got the palest shade Warm Rose 10 and gave it a good go...



Admittedly the foundation is a shade too dark for me, but I don't find it an issue. I have some lightening drops, so if I wanted to, I could certainly lighten up the shade, however I just don't find the need to. I can make it work when the rest of my base products have been applied, and it means when I want to highlight under my eyes with a concealer, you can actually see said highlighted effect instead of it blending into my porcelian complexion.

Using concealer with this foundation would be purely for highlighting purposes. The coverage of this item is insane since it's a 2-in-1 foundation and concealer. Redness? Gone. Blemishes? Gone. Dark circles? Meh, kind of gone. Depending on how bad they are (seriously bad, cause which teenager gets a good nights sleep?) it might need a little nudge of help from an additional concealer.


The foundation itself is housed within a slim, glass bottle with a black ridged cap. The overall effect just screams luxury and sensuality. There's no dispenser, instead a thick, long (all of the euphemisms though) doughfoot applicator. The applicator picks up a decent amount of product and I only have to dip once to get the quantity that I require.


It also blends really well with both a damp beauty blender and brush. I use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for quickness, and it literally takes seconds to blend the product across the entirety of my face and neck.

Unfortunately I find that it does cling to dry areas reallyyyyyy obviously, and can become rather patchy under the eyes. As well as this, even if the product is slightly damp, powder will cling and congeal to it, which is as unattractive as it sounds.

Overall, I really enjoy this foundation. Cream products blend on top of it well, it creates a flawless base, and any issues can be stamped out easily with good application.

Would you like to give this item a try?

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top