Makeup Revolution: The Dead Are Alive Palette


Makeup Revolution: The Dead are Alive Palette

I'm not a fan of Halloween. Never have been, probably never will be. Now that there are "Killer Clowns" roaming around too, you've got to be on the worst kind of acid to venture out in the dark on the "scariest night of the year."

The best thing about Halloween though, much like any seasonal holiday -  if you can call dressing up as a slutty Harley Quinn (I guarantee 9/10 basic bitches will dress up as the DC Villain this year) or in the case of men, buying the scariest, most plastic smelling mask from Home Bargains, a seasonal holiday - is the limited edition makeup.

I hate Halloween, I love makeup. We reach a standstill.

I also really, really love the quality of cheap as chips Makeup Revolution eyeshadows, so when I saw they had two new palettes out, I grabbed my favourite, obvs.



There was the choice of two, as stated above, but the other eyeshadow palette Give Them Darkness didn't tickle my fancy. The colours are a bit more unorthodox, with a lot of blue shades, and I feel like there weren't any decent transition shades amongst the colours offered.

The Dead are Alive Palette, by contrast, is much lighter with a lot of pale shimmery shades as well as a lot of earthy colours that are perfect for autumn. There are three matte shades and thirteen shimmers so you could use this one palette to create an entire eye look.


As usual with Makeup Revolution palettes the name of each pan is detailed on a plastic sheet. The names are extremely Halloween appropriate with words like "Haunt" "Grave" and my favourite, "Freak" featured. The names are so catchy and creative and show the thought that has gone into the product.

I haven't tried all of the colours, but the ones I have tried have been super pigmented, are long-lasting and blend like a dream. It's like with all of the Makeup Revolution Palettes. I own several now, and each one impresses me every time I use them. Not every pan is full of perfection, but the overall amazing quality for the price if astonishing.

My favourite shades from this palette are "Fall" which is a lovely dark, shimmering lilac, and "Grave" an extremely dark, shimmery warm-tone brown with a deep bronze sheen.


The palette is a complete steal at only £6, and if I do end up going out on Halloween night to get chased by Killer Clowns (I'm five foot two and extremely physically unfit - the only time I run is when I realllllllly need a wee - so I'm prime target) it's this palette that I'm going to be reaching for. 


Alongside these palettes, there are also some other Halloween Limited edition products. Amongst the selection is a Ghost Powder a Ghost contour stick, and a powder contour, Ghost Sculpt.

Would you like this palette?
Which out of the two Makeup Revolution palettes would you prefer?

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top