Kiko Milano - Lock-In Haul


Kiko Milano - Lock-In Haul

Student lock-ins are dangerous affairs. A shopping center crammed with bloodthirsty students who have pocketfuls of cash from their Student loans, discounted brands spreading across from Topshop, Hollister, Levis to makeup stores - it's carnage.

It was my first thought as innocent me stepped into Eldon Square, Newcastle, on Tuesday 4th October. My second thought was to get to Kiko Milano ASAP. It was our first shop, and our first war zone.



The first thing I grabbed, all guns blazing, was the Neo Noir Skin Modernist Foundation & Concealer. I'd seen it on Twitter around the same time the Student Lock-in was on, and was delighted to be able to get my hands on it. It looks like utter luxury, and I love the product itself. Review here.


I'd also seen the next product online too - the 3D Hydra Lipgloss is a dramatic contrast to the matte-finish lips that is favoured so much nowadays. Some of the shades even have fine glitter content for that extra plumped up, glossy, dramatic lip. I grabbed the shade 21 Brun Rose, a beautiful brown-nude colour - i has great pigmentation, but it tastes horrible! So bad, in fact, it's putting me off using it!


Following this gloss, I grabbed a Bright Duo Baked Eyeshadow. One of my besties got me the shade 03 Pearly Sand - Satin Taupe for my birthday and I love it so much that when I had a chance to get another one, I took it. 14 Matte Wine is a deep, plum shade, and when contrasted to pretty, glittery, feminine Satin Ancient Rose, a gorgeous smoky eye look is created. These shadows are excellent for the price! Fab pigmentation, fab lasting ability, and you can't complain about their longevity.


Another eyeshadow I couldn't resist picking up is from the bestselling Water Eyeshadow range. The eyeshadow itself is unbelievably striking. The 3D wave pattern is so unique - I'd suggest looking them up purely for the design! I got the shade 203 Burgundy because you can't get a colour more Autumn appropriate can you? I've been wearing it none stop too, since my bestie from work said my eyes look really pretty with it on! I totally understand the amazing hype around this product now I've got one myself.


While I was there I picked up some Nail Lacquers too, cause why not? Only they're currently selling for £0.50 on their website GODDAMMIT! I grabbed the shades 531 Pearly Green Butterfly a glittery, emerald green, 479 Pearly Gold Sesame, a gorgeous extremely-light golden glitter colour, shade 530 Pearly Blue Peacock (my fave shade) and finally the matte deep plum shade 496 Imperial Purple.


Since it was a Student Lock-in, we got 30% off our purchases as well as a goody bag - come onnnnnn, who doesn't love a freebie? Our items were supplied in a black fabric tote bag and we spotted three extra items whilst having a rifle through our things a few hours later. A Nail Lacquer in the shade 286 Purple Red was supplied, a SuperGloss in 103 Pearly Beige and finally a BB Lip Glaze in 06 Cherry, which is the comfiest thing to apply to the lips ever.

The items mentioned cost:
  • Neo Noir Skin Modernist Foundation: £18.90
  • 3D Hydra Gloss: £7.90
  • Bright Duo Baked Eyeshadow: £8.90
  • Water Eyeshadow: £8.90
  • Nail Lacquer 496: £2.50
  • Nail Lacquer 530: £2.50
  • Nail Lacquer 531: £2.50
  • Nail Lacquer 479: £2.50
The freebies totalled to:
  • Nail Lacquer 286: £2.50
  • BB Lip Glaze: £6.90
  • Supergloss: £4.90
Kiko as a brand continues to impress me and I'm wholeheartedly happy with all of the products except one, but that's down to the flavour of said product.

What would you most like to try out of this post?

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top