Stila & Real Techniques First Impressions


Stila & Real Techniques First Impressions

Out of all of the makeup in the world, I don't really get excited over foundation. Some people love it and won't be without it - myself however, will happily apply some tinted moisturiser with my fingers just so I can spend some more time on my eye makeup - after all, if you find one thing you really like about yourself you're bloody going to go for it and show that feature off!

After my No7 Airbrush Away Foundation sadly ran out, it left a hole in my makeup draw, but more importantly, my heart. Prom Drama Queen winner ftw.

Therefore when I clapped eyes on the Stila Aqua Glow Serum Foundation, something that just looked soooooo luxurious, I decided to go all in and give it a shot.



Typically, this foundation costs around £30, but I got it at the bargain price of £16 - the icing on the cake really. I got it in the shade Fair, and it might be a little too dark for alabaster, porcelain me (it's actually the lightest shade available I think), but yano, sometimes you gotta do crazy stuff.

Yep. This is as crazy as it gets for me.

The foundation is water based so as a result the formula is really lightweight, however still provides good dewy coverage that can be built upon. The shade I have definitely has pink undertones rather than yellow, which is apparently a tone appropriate for blue-veined people and individuals who have the tendency to burn more. Read more here on this topic.


I really like this foundation. It's long-lasting, has buildable coverage, isn't overly heavy in the slightest - I'd actually highly recommend! To me it just epitomises luxury, even the packaging. The foundation is contained within a frosted glass that ombres from a deep opaque gold at the top to a much lighter gold at the bottom - even the writing is in bright gold!

One negative thing I will say though is that it goes a little bit patchy on the nose which is an area I suffer both occasional oiliness and dryness (I'm a lucky duck), but applies really well elsewhere on the face and lasted pretty much all day.

To go with such a high-end foundation I thought I'd treat myself to a nice new brush (yup, crazy.)


It's the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, and is the first buffing brush I've ever used altogether. I clearly didn't realise what I was missing out on because it's bloomin' fantastic!

It does take a little longer to apply my foundation with this, however the extra few minutes is 100% worth it. My foundation looks more airbrushed, more natural, and there's no chance in hell you're going to look streaky.


These two products appear to be a match made in heaven and I'm pretty happy with my first impressions of both items.

Would you give this foundation a go?


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top