May in Senses


May in Senses

May was actually a pretty slow month, which is just as well with the way this year is flying before our eyes, and wasn't really the greatest month for me either - but it's surprising how well you can pick yourself up from a bad situation and move on quickly in the blink of an eye. 


I think that's a vital thing to learn. You dread moving on from something when in fact, you move on so fast it's unbelievable what you were even worried about. Life always goes on after crap things happen. You just can't prevent the inevitable no matter how hard you try.



Sight

This is my first month in senses post, so when I sat down at my computer and started typing, I thought what on Earth can you write for sight?

So I put my own interpretation on it and decided to feature what books I've read this month. Cause you read books with your eyes.

Smart.

May saw me return to Maggie Stiefvater's The Raven Boys series. I absolutely love these books - there's something so interesting about them, they just aren't typical books for this age range and genre. They're unique and attention grabbing, featuring topics that truly are bizarre and original - the series also get increasingly darker and scarier as the books continue. There are so many twists within to keep things interesting.


And I have crushes on all of the male main characters too, because fictional people can still be fit yo.

I 100% recommend these books, they literally keep me glued to the pages for hours! Annoyingly for photographic purposes, I have the first and third book in paperback and the second and fourth on my Kindle. You have no idea how much this annoys me, especially as I like to keep a series in the same media format, but I was desperate to read the series again and couldn't get my hands on the second and fourth in paperback form quick enough apparently.

Taste

This was another sense that stumped me. Like, what do I taste? I don't really eat that much (lol.)

Anyway, after much deliberation I went with Costa, since I may be the whitest individual that ever existed.

Everytime I've stepped foot in Costa this past month, I've snagged up a Caramel Shortbread since they're genuinely the nicest Caramel Shortbreads I've ever tasted. Alongside the Peach Iced Lemonade I usually get, I also tried the Caramel and Fudge cooler.


Mistake. It was so sweet and sickly I couldn't drink it all, even if it was bloody delicious! I think I'll stick with my Peach Iced Lemonade next time.

Sound

My new, baby pink aux cord saw me abuse my car speakers this month. From RuPaul - yes, the RuPaul - to The White Stripes, I've listening to a wide variety of artists this months.

However, I keep returning to the good old Arctic Monkeys with one song in particular - R U Mine.

Does this even need any explanation? No, because it's an amazing song by amazing people.

Listen to it. Especially you people whose music tastes involve thumping, repetitive bass tracks with no lyrics.

Touch

What do I touch a lot? I mean, it's posts like this that genuinely make you think what you do with your life for some reason. Like, I touch my car wheel and work keyboard a lot, but do these warrant as the things I've touched this month? Since I do every month.

Anyway, I got my first Real Techniques makeup brush in May which certainly fits the bill for this topic. It feels sooooooooo soft - and I know this because I touch it...

This senses idea didn't seem so lame when I thought of it.


The brush I picked up was the Expert Face Brush, a buffing brush perfect for liquid foundations. However, I haven't even properly used it yet! If I use foundation with it, it won't be all new, pretty and soft anymore.

I'll eventually take the plunge with the new Stila foundation I picked up, as I want to do a First Impressions with them both, but it's such a painful thought to ruin this piece of artistry masterpiece.


Do any other makeup lovers get like this over new brushes? Or is it just loony me?

Smell

I love a good whiff of nice smelling things. I mean, that seems rather obvious as who doesn't?

This month I'm using the same spray over and over again. I thought it was a bargain at just £10 - it's the Victoria Secret body spray in Mango Nectar and Hibiscus.

Anything with nectar in just sounds so posh, don't you think?


This smell is so sweet and so fruity, very appropriate for the fresh smells of spring and summer, and it literally sticks with you alllll day. Even hours after application, you'll wave your arm in the air or something, and the juicy smell of mango goodness will wash over you.

For longevity I don't think that you can beat it.

The other Victoria Secret scents smelt okay, however they just weren't fruity or sweet enough for my tastes.

Special Moment

My special moment of the month goes to my niece and nephew, when I came up with the genius idea of getting bubble wands for them.

It was a great idea. My little darlings love bubbles. There was squealing, laughing, a liiiiitttle falling over, but bubbles are apparently the best thing since sliced bread to one year olds.


Here's a photo of them spreading some cousinly love. And ignoring Auntie Leah, who must be crap crack apparently.

Is there anything you've been loving this May?

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top