May: Dolce Vita Box!


May: Dolce Vita Box

Tutto suona meglio in italiano - aka, everything sounds better in Italian (or so Google Translate says).

When the country Italy comes to mind initial thoughts of ice cream, pastas and pizzas, romantic settings whilst snuggling in gondolas as the colourful buildings of Venice surround you - a cultural staple of the world, a leader in fashion, with a history so rich it's a historians wet dream.

Basically, Italy is fantastic. And a perfect theme for a My Little Box.





Unlike my previous box, this box arrived early - in fact, it sailed in my hands even before I posted a review of last months late box. Since it was so early, I hadn't had the chance to stalk My Little Box's Instagram page - a colourful dream - for hints as to what the theme and products were going to be.

The box, always designed by the My Little Box in-house designers, Kanako, was a lovely watercolour yellow this time around, with a pretty stenciled street and fountain decorating the front alongside a very fashionable and chic looking woman. Dolce Vita adorned the front with bold, cursive writing.

Damn it be pretty.

The first item inside was another box (I always feel like I say box too many times in these posts) with Rome is on my mind. It turned out to be a "turban for an Italian getaway."

At first I was a little apprehensive, but as soon as I got my hands on the material inside I fell in love. A multitude of bright colours, it looks more like a headband than a traditional turban which can be worn in a multitude of ways. My fave is the 70's look, but would I wear this out in public? Meh, maybe. Right now I can only envisage it's use as keeping my hair back in the bath or when I'm doing my makeup. 

(How on Earth do you photograph a turban? Here is my pathetic attempt.)


It's also advised you can wear this with messy buns or around the wrist, but I still don't think this thing will get used.

Typically in this monthly subscription you receive two lifestyle products, three beauty or skincare products - one of which is a My Little Beauty, the makeup range My Little Box produces. Following the first lifestyle product, the turban, is another fashion item that is so pretty. In another box labelled ciao bella - hello beautiful - is a gorgeous, golden, wraparound leaf ring.


Personally, I would use this product as a thumb ring. It's so summery and pretty I think everyone would love this ring for their collection. Plus, I don't own any gold rings, so this is definitely welcomed into my jewellery box.


Next, the beauty products. With every box the products are stored in a cloth bag, usually always a cream one covered in pretty patterns - I have soooooo many of these things I literally don't even know what to do with them anymore.

The bag was so heavy when I lifted it out. I'm not even ashamed to admit that I love a heavy bag. It either means there's lots of products inside, or there's full sized products inside.

Either way, Leah would be a very happy bunny.

Now, it's this part of the box where I got really confused because the Italian themed box had French products inside.

Like, that doesn't make any sense. At all. It's like opening an Italian Dictionary that is only full of French words. Enter a brain meltdown, if you actually care that much. I just don't get this box.
The first product I pulled out was from the brand Baija Paris.


From research, it turns out to be a French skincare brand who has supplied a 30ml Jasmine Green Tea, Croisiere Celadon Body Oil in the box. Sniffing from the bottle, it doesn't actually smell very strong, but from what scent there is, it smells quite nice.

The oil has three functions. One - Use after daily cleansing to soften the skin or for massage. Two - In the shower, after cleansing, apply the oil all over while still moist. Rinse and dry. The skin is immediately nourished and satin-smooth. Three - In the bath water, the oil perfumes and leaves your skin satin-smooth.

Do I like oils? Generally, not really. The term "oil" doesn't ever sit well with me at all, but I'll give this one a try.

The next product was a tiny little thing. It's a sky blue box with clouds and bright orange French writing. A small perfume vial from Courreges, it's the La Fille De L'air perfume. 


Really, it's not my kind of perfume. I like fruity, sweet smells, and this just isn't. Orange Blossom is the heart of the fragrance, with head notes such as Bergamont, so, as you can imagine, it's quite citrusy and exotic smelling. The citrus elements really wakens up the nose, but still, it doesn't do much for me.


The final product is the My Little Beauty product. With colours on the tube matching the lifestyle products boxes, it turns out to be an Illuminating Moisturiser for legs - a gradual moisturising self tanner.

I'm not one for self tanning, but since I work full time hours I doubt I'll have much time to sunbathe if any sun actually wants to emerge in cloudy, rainy Britain, and at seventeen I can't just nip to the sunbeds.

If only.

Therefore, self tanning might be the only solution left to stop being a magical, pale snowflake. The product inside is a pale, pastel peachy pink with not much smell at all.


I'm honestly too scared to try this product. You see those girls whose fake tans have gone streaky, oh so orange, and wrong in every single way possible. That image is just sticking in my mind.
Leah doesn't do orange! I might get my Mam to try it before me, as she's partial to a bit gradual tanning.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed in this box. The lifestyle products are okay, the ring way more so than the turban, and I don't like or just won't use the rest of the products.


I suppose you just can't win them all!
The prices are as follows:
  • My Little Beauty Illuminating Moisturiser (75ml) - £8
  •  Croisiere Celadon Body Oil - £16.90 per 50ml (£10.14 for 30ml)
  • La Fille De L'air, Courreges - £69 per 50ml (£11.73 for 8.5ml)
  • Turban - £11
  • Gold Leaf Ring - £12
That brings the total of this May Box: £52.87

What did you think was the best product in this box?
Previous Box Reviews:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top