April: My Little Flower Book!


 April: My Little Flower Box!

My Little Box's Instagram is a tease. Literally, they get you so hot, bothered and excited about your box - will maybe even give you a few spoilers as to what's going to be included in the months box - and I was particularly excited about what would arrive in April due to the theme being books and flowers.


I love books. I love flowers. That equals a winner in my eyes.



And then of course it arrived several weeks late. Which turned my excitement into frustration because they sure as hell took my money out of the bank the same time as usual. There was just no box to follow it.

Then finally it arrived, and my goodness it was a pretty thing. A white box covered in green and orange floral print, it's tied together with string and actually looks like an over-sized book.

Me likey so far.

The first thing that sprang out was My Little Box's magazine, my Little World. It wasn't the most exciting feature they've done, filled to the brim with poetry, the uses of different herbs and flowers and the usual fashion edit. There wasn't any makeup tips or details of the products included which was a bit disappointing.

After this came a sweet little box labelled "Jardin d'appartement." It turned out to be a delightful Pop-up Garden! I thought this was a really sweet item - it fits into the theme of the box perfectly - and although I haven't planted the little seeds included inside, I'm looking forward to it. There's detailed instructions on the back of the box that are virtually fool proof.


Typically in a My Little Box you get a magazine, two beauty products, a beauty or skin care product from My Little Box's own beauty range (My Little Beauty) as well as two lifestyle products, so you definitely get enough bang for your buck.

Alongside the Pop-up Garden, the other lifestyle product is something I really genuinely love. From Balzac Paris, it's essentially a pouch for your lingerie, tied together by an orange string. Flip it open and you have a section for your knickers (the most friendly term for them, even if you don't technically wear "knickers" but what other word are you meant to use on a blog?!) and the other section for your bras.


If you have bigger breasts - like, bigger than my A cups anyway - I don't think you'd get much use out of the bra side since its a rather small pouch. Since the boxes are relatively small I don't think there's much that could be done about the pouch size, but luckily it works fantastically for me anyway! Definitely a fan of this item.


Next came the usual fabric bag containing all the beauty goodies inside, this time a white bag covered in grey leaves.

I love this part of unveiling my monthly box. To me it's like a surprise within a surprise!!

The products this time actually stuck to the theme of the box which actually surprised me as more often than not they don't. This time there feels like there's a real effort to keep everything connected together under the same theme.

First I pulled out L'Occitane En Provence (a French brand with a rich history) bath and shower gel in Cherry Blossom. The packaging is super girly and pretty, just the type of thing I like. It smells fresh and amazing and works up a great lather to make you feel lovely and clean. The one complaint I will make about it though is that it's bloody hard to open! The cap is tiny, made even worse by trying to grip onto it with wet fingers.


Next came a base coat for nails from NAILSINC LONDON. The only other base coat I have ever tried was £1 from Primark, because hell yeah I'm a cheapo, so I was delighted to find this in here and set to work with it straight away. By coincidence or not, since I've applied it, my nail polish has been super chip-proof and has been lasting just short of a week every time.


Which makes Leah a very happy bunny.

It's a full sized product and tinted pink, which is fabulous because I'm really into those pink vibes lately.

Me and this box were clearly made for each other.

The final product is the My Little Beauty product and is the Rosy Mornings - Detoxifying Mask. It's full of Vitamin C and is made up of 95% natural ingredients - I really like the sound of this. It first emerges as an extremely light lilac shade and is really creamy which makes it so easy to apply generously to the skin. The directions instruct to gently apply it until the mixture changes colour, leave it for five minutes, then rinse.


My face turned flaming bright orange! Do you know that matte mousse foundation everyone used to slap on in year nine? It looked like that. I mean, there's orange decorations on the bottle if that's any indication you will start glowing, but it was still a surprise.

Still, it smells really, really nice, and my skin felt so soft and thoroughly clean and fresh after I washed it off. I would literally be orange constantly if it meant my skin was going to feel that soft all the time. That's the height of praise I'm giving this thing.


I'm darned happy with this months box. Yeah, the shower gel isn't exactly an exciting product but it smells super nice, and the base coat is a much loved item now and I can't really fault the face mask even if I wanted to. The lifestyle products are appreciated, even if the pouch is more practical and useful than the pop up garden.


My Little Box, you did good.

Just make sure it actually arrives on time next month.

The total value of this box is:
  • Pop up Garden : £7
  • Lingerie Pouch: £13
  • L'Occtaine Shower Gel : £15 per 250ml (est. £4.50 for 75ml, the amount I got)
  • NAILSINC Base Coat: £11
  • My Little Beauty Detoxifying Face Mask: £11
That brings the total of this box to £46.50. I only pay £15 a month for my daily pick me up, including delivery, which makes Leah a very pleased and delighted individual.

Is there anything you would like from this months edition?

Previous Box Reviews:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top