Daily Makeup

Daily Makeup

By daily makeup I don't mean work or college makeup where you headbutt your dressing table to apply everything because you're in that much of a mad rush. I'm talking about the weekend day makeup you can take your time applying, where you can really enjoy the art of makeup. Just to clear that up. Although I apologize if you work weekends and have to headbutt your makeup bag on a Saturday and Sunday too.




The Base

I always start off with a pore-minimizing primer as I prefer the finish that they provide. My two favorites are Benefit's Porefessional and Soap and Glory's One Heck of  Blot Primer - both cult makeup classics - although lately I find myself reaching more towards Soap and Glory's Primer rather than the more expensive Benefit one. I prefer the texture when applied to the skin, the finish is better, and in my opinion, my makeup lasts longer!



Next comes the foundation, ladled on in generous amounts. I've used the same foundation since last year when I fell in love with No7's Airbrush Away Foundation at my first ever Blogging Event. The finish is amazing, it just glides on and blends effortlessly and is great for all skin types - although if you're using this and have very oily skin I do recommend using a mattifying primer and setting it in place with a matte powder. Only a small amount is needed (although you can use more as it's really buildable coverage) simply apply a few drops on the back of your hand, take a bit on your foundation brush and get buffing.

Miracles will happen. Seriously.


Since I'm hella pale I take bronzing as far as I can. Right now I'm torn between two bronzers. For the most part of this year, I've used Benefit's Hoola, because duh, it's damn amazing, but lately I've been turning to my Elizabeth Arden's Colour Intrigue Bronzing Powder Duo in Bronze Beauty.


I love the Elizabeth Arden bronzer sooooo much! It blends really nicely and it's almost as if I can customize it to my own skin tone since there's two different shades. The packaging is pretty too - it looks and feels so bloody luxurious!

I'm not really a blusher girl since I get ridiculous red cheeks when I'm hot - which is all the time, wink wink - but the blusher I will turn towards is NARS Orgasm. Need I say anymore? The perfect pink, rose gold tinted blush that ever did exist. I got a sample size in December's My Little Box and it's lasting me for ages!


I use the L'Oreal Infallible Sculpt in light/medium for contouring. I don't really touch the light shade for some reason, but I love the dark shade. It's a nice creamy, yet firm consistency that blends well with a beauty blender and gives you a sharp jawline when you actually only have chins. It's perfect for all aspects of countouring - jawline, cheeks, nose etc.


The powder I use is the well know Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in the lightest shade possible, of course, what else, Morticia here, in 001 Transparent. It sets my foundation really well and doesn't budge all day.


Finally is the highlight with my trusty No7 Instant Radiance Highlight chubby stick.


Simply apply in a streak along your cheekbones, head, chin and nose then blend in with light taps of the fingers and you've got a nice, damn shimmering, pearlescent pink highlight.

Dem Eyes


Eye shadows are the favourite part of my makeup. In my opinion, my eyes are one of my few good quality features and I gotta highlight them - I even did a "Palette's that makes my eyes smile post" but my opinion has changed loads since then.

I always start off with my NUDE BYS palette - I don't know why more people don't have this palette because it's amazing! It's pigmented, blends so nice, has brilliant staying power. What's wrong with you people?


I take shade Style, a pretty peachy pink, all over my eyes followed by either shade Couture or NYC in my crease. With the darkest shade of my MAC Amber Times Nine Palette I'll take the darkest shade and darken out my crease a little bit more, just to create the effect of a smoky eye.


After, I'll take a bright shade from any of my palettes and pat it all over the lid for a shot of colour. Typically the colour will either emerge from The Blushed Nudes palette from Maybelline New York (a lovely rose-gold themed palette) or theBalm's Balm Voyage Travel Palette. This retails at £36 but I got it for £16.99 from TK Maxx - my favourite shade from this palette is BENVENUTO, a gorgeous, girly pink. The eye shadow texture is literally to die for. Talk about buttery!


Afterwards, to emphasise my eyes a bit more I'll take Kiko Milanos single shadow in Infinity 261, a gorgeous emerald green, along my lower lash line with a pencil brush. The effect? Amazing!



My two mascaras of choice is Benefits They're Real Macara, to which millions of positive reviews are circling the internet - and for a reason, because this mascara is great! It never clumps, applies evenly, and adds great length and curl - as well as the Givenchy Noir Couture Mascara in Black Satin which was included in March's My Little Box.


Then that leaves eyebrows. The most important part of the face? Perhaps...


I use a combination of two products. First I'll take the gel shade from Barry M's Eyebrow kit in Medium to Dark to draw out the shape, then fill it in with the super dark powder shade. Following this, I'll take the gel from Collection's Eyebrow Kit in Brunette to set everything in place. The only thing that I'll say about the gel is that after a while it becomes really cloudy in the bottle, which is just really off-putting. Like, realllllllllllllly off-putting. You'll know what I mean if you saw it.

Lips

I have small lips and don't I just know it. Dark lipsticks - although they look extremely dramatic and effective with my pale skin - are lost on me. I will have bigger lips one day (and bigger boobs, but lets not start the future plastic surgery list) but for now I'll stick with what I've got.

The lipstick I'll use every day without fail is MAC Velvet Teddy. This is one of those lipsticks that looks different on different people - on me it looks like a really lovely, smooth light brown which can be worn with every single outfit. 


Sometimes, if I'm feeling really wacky - hold onto your hats here - I'll apply the Burt's Bees lip gloss in 233 Rosy Dawn to the center of the lip and pat it in for a fuller lip effect. It leaves a lovely pink tinted sparkle which surprisingly works really well. One criticism for the lip gloss though is that it tastes really, really weird. A not nice weird either.

And that's my whole face, right? I don't think I've missed anything out.


Anyway, this was a longer post than I expected - how much makeup do I put on my dang face?! - so if you've stuck around until the end, medal for you!

Is there any makeup that you cannot go without for your daily face?

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top