Why Wearing Contacts/Glasses is the WORST!

Why Wearing Contacts/Glasses is the WORST!
Note: this is one of the famous rants I do that my friends love. There is a high chance of sarcasm within the following post.

You, the people of the perfect vision, will not understand the hindrances that we doomed to glasses and contacts go through on a day to day basis.

Have you ever put a contact inside out in your eye by mistake? Sweetie, you don't wanna know cause it hurts.



Have you ever had ridiculously embarrassing tan lines on your face because you wore your glasses in the sun? Honey, you should thank the heavens because man it's embarrassing.

Have you ever had to take plastic bits out of your eyes while people watch on in horror like it's some kind of gore film? Darling, it's even more embarrassing than the last point.

People look at glasses like geek chic accessories, and some people who wear them will absolutely love them but I for one don't, and I know many people who agree.


 Here are just ten reasons why I hate my eyesight, or lack of it:
  1. It takes a lot more maintenance than people think. Glasses have got to be cleaned often, obviously, but contacts take extra extra care. Solution needs to be changed daily without fail. That little bit of grit you didn't see when you put a contact in becomes extremely painful and your eyeball will be scratched to all hell! Plus, a little rip or tear in the contact and they'll hurt and damage just as much, if not more! Consider lenses like babies. Delicate little things that require so much taking care of but are often extremely annoying.
  2. Dry eyes are majorly uncomfortable. Yet, if you apply solution you risk ruining your makeup, and if you rub your eyes? All hail the ultimate Panda look. Also by rubbing them then chances are your contacts are going to end up moving around in your eye which really isn't nice!
  3. Makeup and glasses don't mix very well in my experience. Mascara marks on glasses, eyeliner and eyeshadow on fleek but not able to be appreciated from behind panes of glass - it's like throwing a blanket over the Mona Lisa tbh. Plus, I feel really self-conscious wearing no makeup and wearing my glasses. It displays no effort and it makes me feel really unattractive in myself. Of course this really doesn't apply to everyone but it's something I have to suffer through when I'm unable to wear my lenses.
  4. Glasses + rain = shit situation. There's nothing else to say on this.
  5. When you can't find your spectacles in bed the times you accidentally fall asleep with them on, roll over something hard, and have to pray to all the blinking Gods out there that you haven't just crushed your precious.
  6. All the opticians appointments! Contact lens checkup = yellow dye = tinged vomit coloured world. Plus the optician decides to shine a light in your eye for freaking ages until you feel your lenses are about to shrivel up right where they lie, which just prolongs the agony of suffocating on their often bad breaths.
  7. The cost of everything can be crap. A pair of decent glasses costs pennies, a designer pair is an extortionate amount, and if they get damaged then there's a pretty penny to pay for repairs. As well as this, contacts cost, and if you have an eye stigmatism like me then it costs even more for specially made lenses!
  8. Falling asleep with your contacts in is when lenses and eyelids mould together to form one. I'll let you imagine this one for yourselves.
  9. The following questions should apply to everyone, "can I wear your glasses?" "How many fingers am I holding up?" "Urgh that's disgusting, how can you put your fingers in your eyes?" Just shut up plz.
  10. At work I've got to wear a headset in order to operate the phones and they don't half force your glasses to dig in the side of your head. Every spectacle day I walk out of my workplace with a banging headache and a burning anger towards my parents for not giving me better genes.
So there are my ten main reasons why I hate my eyesight situation! And believe me, there are many more points to add to that list!


What are your thoughts on glasses?

CONVERSATION

6 comments:

  1. I understand this TOO much! Also have a stigmatise and the expense! It's not my fault! :(
    My boyfriend always wonders why I bother with contacts as they look uncomfortable and difficult...he doesn't get the glasses struggle :) I just wanna have a face sometimes haha

    Tina X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stigmatism* phone changes it!

      Delete
  2. This is the MOST relatable thing I have ever read! www.justaddgloss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's not just me who feels this way! xx

      Delete
  3. I can definitely relate to all these! I love the covering up the Mona Lisa comment, so true!!

    The amount of times I've fallen asleep with my contacts in (usually after a drunken night out) and then woke up in the morning and feel like I've gone blind is ridiculous!

    Kayleigh
    http://hazelnutmusings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're almost impossible to get out of your eyes once you've fallen asleep in them! Dry contacts are the worst of the worst! xx

      Delete

Back
to top