February: My Little Home Box!


February: My Little Home Box!

December and January's My Little Boxes were sensational little deliveries that I thoroughly enjoyed, however meant I had just as high expectations for the next boxes in the line. I mean why wouldn't I? My Little Box is a great brand with typically great products.


Unfortunately I've been left disappointed by February's theme and box.




The delivery came early - earlier than it ever has before, the second week of the month to be exact rather than the third or last week - but I wasn't complaining. It just meant I didn't have to wait as long for my monthly treat that I usually jitter around excitedly for.

On the other hand, there was nothing to jitter around about for this box. I mean it's not horrendous it's just not good. This box just wasn't exactly up my alley, but I'm sure would be the perfect thing for other people.

The first thing I pulled out of the box was the My Little World Magazine feature that arrives every month. This time it's full of interior design tips, DIY Ideas, home envy and an interview with the lovely Constance Gennari. Alongside this monthly magazine, My Little Box send along a beauty product from their own range, My Little Beauty, in one of their pretty drawstring bags alongside the other beauty products. With this subscription there are always two lifestyle products and three beauty, so it's not for those wanting a solely makeup box subscription.


This month the boxes own brand product was an 'Easy Morning Moisturiser.' It's in a pretty blue tube with white patterns; very girly. The product itself is a sun cream consistency, is cooling on the skin which is a nice refreshment on a morning, spreads and sinks into the skin without much effort and leaves a lovely, subtle shimmer behind. It does make an improvement - I actually love this product. On the other hand, I'm not too keen on the smell, which is rather hard to describe. I guess it just smells like normal moisturiser?



The next beauty product is Poolar's Genuine Lapland Hand Cream. We received a hand cream in November's Box so the products themselves are becoming rather repetitive in my opinion! This full size product is a delightful berry smell - very refreshing - and has a marshmallow consistency. It sinks into the skin quickly and doesn't leave a moist, greasy film like some hand creams do.



The last beauty product was a repeat of last month's, the NoxiDoxi Mask & Peel. It was a product that didn't agree with my skin at all. It isn't a peel mask as the same suggests, and although it moisturised my face, it left it burning, uncomfortably sore, red and hot! It's a product that unfortunately I have no use for after using it once and now I have two of them! I was very unimpressed with this repetition.



Moving onto the lifestyle products, the first was a pretty blue wooden frame by the My Little Box's own designers Kanako. It's not a typical 8x4 frame (I believe it could be a 9x5 or something like that?) and has hooks so it can either be hung on the wall or used standing.


The final product is a colourful cushion cover. It's a blend of pastels; blues, peach and creams. One side is covered is spots, the other colourful triangles - I prefer the triangles however.



Sadly I don't really have much use for either the frame or the cushion cover as it doesn't fit into my lime green painted, wood furnished, wicker decorated and Buddha adorned room.

Overall I'm quite disappointed with the months box. It certainly didn't even touch my expectations, instead reverting to the standard of the November box.


The prices of these products are as follows:
  • NoxiDoxi Mask & Peel - £24.90 per 50ml
  • Polaar Genuine Lapland Hand Cream - £16.90 per 75ml
  • "Easy Morning" Skin-perfecting Cream - £10
  • Cushion Cover - £10
  • Frame - £6
Therefore the total amount of this box totals: £67.80

What products did you like on this post?

Catch up on other month's boxes here:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top