November: My Little Sweet Box!


November: My Little Sweet Box!

I'm totally new to the beauty box subscription game and honestly had no clue about them until I became a blogger. As soon as I began the long extensive process of pre-blogging research, reading blogs and watching videos, I realised that these boxes are everywhere! And there's so many - we're literally spoiled for choice.




After doing some research on a few box subscriptions, I decided to go with the My Little Box brand. I love the presentation and the graphics of the boxes, plus you have the ability to do immediate cancellations if you don't enjoy the service, whereas with other subscriptions you have to give notice that you want to cancel.

The impression I got from this title months title, My Little Sweet Box, was maybe sweet smelling beauty products with the lifestyle products being based on candy, chocolate and other sweet treats. I wasn't far off since the theme was cookery and bakery (which I'm thoroughly happy about since I LOVE food!)


 However, I was a little disappointed by the products inside of the tin; they just weren't for me at all and I don't feel like I can make full use out of them. Yet, regardless of whether they suit me or not, they're still good quality products and I'm sure they'll meet lots of other peoples' tastes.

With every box, My Little Box sends out a product from it's own collection, My Little Beauty. This time it was hand cream, something I don't use, but I gave it a try anyway. It was contained inside of a sweet little yellow tube but had a very thick consistency. As the information on the tube said, 'With its marshmallowy texture' and it really was! In fact, I struggled to squeeze some out! On the other hand (pun intended), it has a very nice smell, and does make your hands quite soft but keeps the skin slightly damp and moist for a while after, which can be a bit of a hindrance.


Accompanying the hand cream was a 2-in-1 face cleanser and exfoliator from the brand Bliss. This was my favourite product from the tin: it simply has the most amazing smell with ingredients such as Passion Flower, Rosehip and Chamomile. It's also been endorsed by Kate Moss who sang her praises for the product, so it must be great quality!

It has a lot of benefits too: firstly, it's oil free and is great for removing dirt and makeup. However, I prefer to remove my makeup before a good facial wash so I can really feel the before and after benefits. Also, the skin is made super smooth with soft round exfoliator beads as a result of the botanicals included. It also good as a shaving cream substitute.

As well as this was a small vial of So Elixir: Bois Sensuel perfume by Yves Roche. Presentation wise, I loved it. Despite being tiny, it came in a traditional bottle complete with little stopper. The scent inside was fairly strong and was quite musty and woody. Yet, a minute or so after it has been applied the smell starts to improve and somewhat loses its overpowering fragrance, however, you can still smell it on your skin for a while after.   


Even though these are some great products, I don't understand how these beauty items fit into the theme of cookery and bakery, and felt the message of the November box was a little lost in this aspect.

The lifestyle products were on fine form. There was a pretty little apron, which of course fit exactly into the theme, as well as these adorable little stickers with catchy and sassy little one liners to decorate your kitchen with it. My favourite one was for the Coffee Label (with words in white unfortunately!) saying 'May your coffee be strong and your Monday be short.'



As per with My Little Box there was a little magazine, My Little World. This time it was devoted to food blogger Mimi Thorisson who provided some really yummy recipes to try (I especially liked the sound of the chocolate meringues!), and was also extremely entertaining in the interview she had with the company.

Additionally, included was a little gift option for friends and family where you can pay for them to receive a certain amount of boxes throughout the year. I definitely think this is a good idea for individuals who are struggling with what to buy for the girly girls in their lives this Christmas.

The RRP costs of all these products are as follows:
My Little Sweet Box Tin: £7.50
Chef's Apron: £11
Jar Decals (stickers): £3
So Elixir Bois Sensuel: £52 for 50ml
Bliss Face Wash: £17.50 for 197ml
Therefore the total of this box (minus the perfume and hand cream): £39

Which Beauty subscription box do you have?


CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Oo would really want that for myself!
    Jabeen x
    http://www.spilling-the-beans.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's some really sweet ideas, my first monthly delivery and I loved it! x

      Delete

Back
to top