Beauty Time at the Body Shop


Beauty Time at the Body Shop
I'm terrible when it comes to moisturising and taking care of my skin, as mentioned in previous post No7 Boots Event, new Blogger hits the town! Therefore I felt like I deserved a good scolding from the gorgeous Body Shop workers when I told them of my none existent skincare regime, unless makeup removal counts?




Myself and Eden rolled up to the event held in the Christmassy Metro Centre first, greeted by beautiful girls Kay, Jess, Natalie and Chelsea. The shop had a lovely festive feeling, those pre-Christmas jitters of excitement coming to life as soon as we walked into the sweet smelling store.
The main reason for the event was to explore the new Christmas range. As Body Shop tradition the delicious Frosted Cranberry products are back in store, but this year it's accompanied by pretty Frosted Plum and sweet Glazed Apple.

I got the opportunity to feel and experience these new smells with a lovely hand massage - thanks again Jess! One hand was treat to the Glazed Apple Body Scrub, Glazed Apple Shimmer Lotion, followed by the Glazed Apple Shimmer Mist. I absolutely love the Shimmer Mists! It's a delicate glitter, however once on the skin the shine and presence is apparent, as well as the gorgeous smell! Plus, the delicate little bottle looks like a Christmas Bauble - how festive? The other hand was treat to the same lush treatment as the other, however with the Frosted Plum line. My hands felt super soft after such an amazing pampering.


For people that prefer a more subtle smell I would suggest the Frosted Plum, and would definitely say that this is much more Unisex friendly than the Glazed Apple, which is a lot sweeter and stronger - it was definitely my favourite; in my opinion, the sweeter the better.

After my hand massage I had a skin consultation to assess just how much I have been abusing my skin. On the store iPad, Jess helped me select answers to a bunch of questions to describe my skin, and what issues I currently have with it. For those whose local store doesn't have this service, it's available online here. With my dry and slightly oily skin - I know, it's shameful - I was suggested the Vitamin E and Seaweed Range to help out my poor skin.


The sound of Seaweed products certainly didn't appeal to me simply because I couldn't imagine what it was going to smell like. Turns out I had nothing to worry about! It's a subtle smell, not in the least overpowering, much similar to the Vitamin E moisturiser I was suggested. Both products have contents which are extremely beneficial to skincare; I was clueless to all of the facts! Seaweed has a fantastic ability to revive skin and keep it hydrated and healthy in extreme conditions - extremely useful in these winter months! Vitamin E is an antioxidant that also revives the skin. Jess certainly knew her stuff about these products, the girls at Gateshead are definitely well informed!




Then, it was time for a makeover! Natalie took care of me from here and gave me a marvellous look that I probably wouldn't have tried myself. I prefer much warmer tones on my skin since I'm pale and believe it gives my face more welcome colour. However, I put my face in Natalie's extremely talented hands and gave her free reign.

My current makeup was removed by soothing Camomile Makeup Remover, then I got to test out my suggested skincare products with the Seaweed Day Cream, followed by Instablur, a product I believe has magical qualities as it made my makeup stay perfect for hours after!

Moving on to makeup, the foundation was Fresh Nude Foundation in Porcelain (the palest shade of course, what else?) A large quantity of the product wasn't required as the foundation gave great coverage. Next the All in One Face base in 03 was skilfully added, followed by Shimmer Waves in 04. Now, out of all of the makeup products that was applied this was by far my favourite. It worked as a highlighter, bronzer and blush all in one and added such a lovely shimmer to my cheekbones.

My eyes were decorated in a much cooler fashion. Natalie made great use out of the four colours in the  Christmas Eye Palette in Swinging Silver (what a name!) and my lashes were lengthened with Define and Lengthen Mascara. However, I feel like with too much of this product your eyelashes may become clumpy, so don't overuse it! The look was topped off with Colour Crush Lipstick 11. I was extremely happy with the look, amazing job Natalie!


Sadly the makeover had to end sometime, and after staring happily into a mirror for a minute or two, myself and Eden wandered around the shop to take some pictures of the Body Shop new Christmas line. This year the Christmas products are available in quirky little tins, there's loads of scents stored in Christmas Crackers that contain sweet little love heart soaps and Hand Cream. The Lip Star Wand from last year was featured again, as well as the Body Shop Advent Calendar (superb idea) and the new Bath Fizzers which unleash a gorgeous smell into bathtubs.




Thank you for a great time girls!


Find more about all of the products mentioned here!

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore all of the Body Shop Christmas products, I hope to try the new moisturisers!

    Check out my blog here - www.lifewithmcm.com

    Megan X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every product is definitely worth the money! I've got a Body Shop Christmas list a mile long! xx

      Delete

Back
to top