Loving Lancome


Loving Lancôme

We've all seen those gorgeous looking Juicy Shakers by Lancôme sweeping through the Internet lately, haven't we? Those innovative little cocktail shakers are making countless individuals fall head over heels in love - and I'm one of them.

After wanting one for ages (at £18 I don't think they're the cheapest of things but they're soooooo worth it) I finally threw my stubborn cap away, marched into Debenhams with intent - dragging along some worried looking parents - straight to the Lancôme counter.

And then stood in awe looking at these little pretty beauties.




"Which one do you want Leah?"

"Janny, I don't have a clue."

And so began some manic swatching until I fell in love with the pretty, bright pink shade Berry Tale 372. I went with this one as it was one of the more pigmented shades out of the bunch, and is perfect for spring and summer - although I literally would wear this all year round I love it sooooo much.


After asking the assistant for help (I wish I knew her name since she was just so lovely) she checked her stock, brought out a pretty, silver box, then said some magic words:

"There's a free gift if you spend £29."

Back to the makeup stand it was for another Juicy Shaker - this one an equally pigmented, but more deep purple toned, Berry In Love 283, which unfortunately was removed from me for my birthday.

The wait will be torture.

The free gift was ultimately a bargain and a half. It might have been worth more than the Juicy Shakers themselves.

First off was a full sized product (125ml) of the Lancôme Gel Éclat, Clarifying Cleanser Pearly Foam. It's a pearly white colour, has a subtle fresh smell, but I seriously cannot get over the texture and consistency of this thing. It's so hard to describe - it's really thick, sticky but stringy at the same time.


I hope you managed to take something from that description.

This cleanser is the best thing since sliced bread. My skin feels so clean and fresh after using it, and I believe it draws out all of the oils in my skin with ease to leave a perfectly clean and super soft base for the rest of my skincare regime.

The next are two mini pots (I say mini but they're still a really decent size) of their Hydrating, anti-stress Cream, Hydra zen Nuit - a day and night formula. There was the choice of this or their Pore and Line Treatment Cream, but since I don't really have problems with these things, I went with the pretty pink tubs instead.

It does exactly what it says on the tin. It is soooo hydrating, I wish I'd had them in the winter months! They're not heavily perfumed, but there is still a scent, and they sink into the skin really quickly so you're not left with a moisture film after application.


My skin feels so soft, it's unreal.

Before I apply my creams I use the Lancôme Advanced Genifique . This little black wonder maaaaaaybe isn't meant for me, since it's age-generating and I'm still a young 'un, but I believe it really boosts the effects of the creams.


The rest of the free products are makeup. I especially like this gift set since it really allows me to explore all aspects of Lancôme; their makeup, their skincare range and their fragrance!

The first of the makeup is a sample size of the Hypnôse Volume-a-Porter, Noir Intense Mascara. This has wriggled its way into my everyday use - I bloody love it. No matter how hard you try, this mascara will not clump! It adds great length and volume, maybe not so much on the curl side, but there's nothing a quick use of some eyelash curlers wouldn't fix. Serious love for this thing.



The next product is a sample size of the La Base Pro Pore Eraser. The effect of this reminds me of the Benefits Porefessional. It's very smoothing, creates an airbrushed effect, and feels to me to be silicone based. I feel like my makeup sets on top of this rather than sinking into my skin however.


A lipstick sample was also provided - Rouge in Love in the shade 322m. It's a moisturising, coral red shade, although from first impressions it applies quite sheer.


One of my favorite things from the whole gift set is a super iddy biddy sample size of Lancôme famous perfume, La vie est belle Eau de Parfum.

Oh my word. This is amazing.


It's so sweet and fresh, but not fruity, and a little bit musky to give it a more mature smell. It's so hard to describe, just get yourselves to a Debenhams and smell this thing, because I'm seriously in total love with it!


I purchased these Juicy Shakers and received my free gift over a month ago so this offer probably isn't on, however there is always some kind of deal going on with Debenhams so it's always worth taking a look online.

Is there anything you especially liked from this post?

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top