June: My Little Summer Vibes Box


June: My Little Summer Vibes Box

My Little Box, oh how you have your ups and downs.

And like, middles, since this months box was very average, however, since last months box was disappointing, I'm putting this one further down on the scale despite the theme being okay and the brands featured being relatively high end.

The theme for this month was great. I already had it sussed out as some kind of Summer Box or a Festival Box - I hit the nail on the head. Oh, hello there Summer Vibes. I've missed you.



The first thing I took out of this pretty, picturesque beach covered box was the My Little Box magazine, My Little World. It was filled with its usual fashion content and one or two other bits and bobs. Following this came a blue transparent bag filled with all kinds of goodies!

The bag turned out to be a Swimsuit Pouch with a white, silhouetted bikini and an apt title "Bikini Guard." It's good. If you have the chance to wear bikinis and stuff. I don't. I live in the North of England. Sun is a three-day-a-year kind of thing. Therefore, I introduce you to my brand new toiletry bag!

The first item I pulled out was from My Little Box's own beauty range, My Little Beauty. 9/10 I'm always happy with the brand's own makeup, and this was no exception. It's a sea salt spray, with a gorgeous, vanilla exotic smell that is just delicious! I wish I had this in perfume form, it's just bloody delightful!

Does it do much? Meh. It's okay. I suppose it adds a little texture, but what I love the most about this product is that it's UV protective. This is great news for a dark-haired girl like me - my head and hair gets so hot in the sun which means my hair gets super dry and feels generally really uncomfortable.

The next thing I pulled out the bag was a coral mini nail polish from good old Ciate. I thought with being a small bottle, the brush would be teensy weensy, but it's still a full-sized, wide brush which makes application super easy.


I'm pretty happy with this. Can you go wrong with a nail polish? Nope. Especially a good quality Ciate varnish. Unfortunately, nail polish is a product that does get repeated several times throughout the year - it's almost like a guarantee to get a nail polish from My Little Box every other month or so. It'd be nice to see a variation of products provided, instead of the same thing over and over.

The last product in the bag was from Too Faced bitches! Yaaaaaas, Too Faced! It's a brand I've always wanted to try but have never had the coppers to, since Apprenticeship wage yo!

The packaging of this glitter glue is gorgeous - very pretty - with the theme of matte black and purple with golden glitter thrown in for good measure. The product itself actually looks to me like a tube of acrylic paint.

Niiiiiiiiice.

This is essentially a sticky eye primer that works fantastically well. First impressions of my first Too Faced product and I'm really, really happy! The glittery shadows I apply to my lids stay all day and there's no transfer of shimmer onto my crease like I often experience.

Good find My Little Box.

The next product I pulled out of the box was a little packet of Kusmi Tea, a brand that also featured in Decembers My Little Magic Box. This time it's the AquaRosa Iced Tea, and I got the flavour hibiscus, berries and red fruits. I haven't tried Iced Tea before, but I'm looking forward to giving this a go. It sounds like a fruity concoction, and I absolutely love fruity things.

The finally product commenced a guessing game. A rolled up towel? A t-shirt? Some kind of skincare cloth?

It is in fact a vest top, with Calvi on the beach printed on in a pretty, peach colour. Other vests received by other subscribers feature the quote "Girls just wanna have sun," in blue which admittedly, I probably would have preferred.


I think this vest top looks really nice and casual. Tucked into jeans or shorts tightly, it has the same effect as a bodysuit, something that is currently sweeping the stores by storm. I'm pretty happy with it, and I'll certainly wear it.


On reflection, this box is actually pretty darned good. The initial lower rating was just stubbornness since I was left rather unimpressed by last months box, but prejudice just ain't good for the soul, or something philosophical.

The prices for the products in this Summer Vibes box is:
  • Swimsuit Pouch - £6
  • Sea Salt Spray £7
  • Calvi on the Beach vest - £15
  • Ciate Polish - £6
  • Too Faced Glitter Glue - £10
  • Kusmi Tea - £14 for 10 (£1.40 for this one sample.)
Therefore the total of this box is: £45.40

Did you think this months box was a good one?

Previous Box Reviews:


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top