NYX Matte Lip Creams


NYX Matte Lip Creams

Guys, I did it. I became a sheep, I jumped on the bandwagon, enter another metaphor here - I finally tried the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams.

The closest NYX counter to me is the Middlesbrough Boots unfortunately, so when I wandered in on a shopping trip and saw my first ever NYX Display, it's fair to say I almost made a puddle right where I stood. In fact, I was so excited, I didn't know what to pick up. I just kept wandering round and round the stand, until I finally picked up a product that everyone just goes craaaaazy about - a NYX Matte Lip Cream.



After some hectic swatching, I walked away with the shades Istanbul and London, two shades which are quite different. Istanbul is a lovely pinkish nude whereas London is a nude, brown shade with almost an orangey tint.

Similarly however, both shades are very pigmented, apply pretty much opaque and allow layering. They aren't overly drying on the lips, something I find quite common with matte finish lip products - on the other hand, I don't have really dry lips so this could still be a problem for people who do suffer from this. Also, they both smell deliciously of vanilla, which is just all kinds of bonuses.


I do have to comment on the longevity though. Yeah, they'll last on the lips for a while, but as soon as you drink or eat, it's all games off unfortunately. The colours fade and become patchy and after a while you're left with the colour clinging only to the edge of the lips.

Luckily it's super easy to reapply.
I'm pretty happy with these matte lip creams, and absolutely delighted that my first products from NYX turned out to be a great purchase!

Is there anything you recommend from NYX?

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top