August: My Little Friends Box


August: My Little Friends Box

Imma put it bluntly. July's box wasn't good. A coconut themed box, it did nothing for me. I didn't even write a review on it - Leah was a very angry bunny! 

I even considered maybe cancelling my subscription with My Little Box, as I was fed up of the whole hit and miss thing. Then this months box sailed into my begrudgingly open arms, and I remembered everything I loved about the brand.

August's box was a definite hit! In fact, I'm going to put it up there with one of the best boxes I've ever received, full of unique and sweet ideas and products that I'll definitely use. In my opinion, it's definitely worthy of a bloody good review!



The first thing I ripped out of this month's edition was the usual magazine, My Little World, and colourful postcard - this month a pink, blue and orange bordered piece adorned with "In Girl Squad we trust." Too cute.

Underneath these paper delights was a delicious sweet treat. From the brand Proper Corn, it's their sweet and salty popcorn which I had to wait aaaaaages to eat (several days) for photography reasons. I can confirm they were delicious!


Up next was a nail kit - I can't get over the quality of this. The case is so pretty, colourful and sturdy and the tools inside; a nail file, nail cutter, metal nail file and what looks like some kind of nail shaper, are fantastic quality.

For all My Little Box love nail products - you get a nail polish every other month or so, which can be quite repetitive - I've not yet received a nail kit, so I'm pretty happy with this one.


You always get a lovely fabric bag full of makeup goodies in every subscription, and this time was no different. I now have countless fabric bags that I have no idea what to do with! Yet, this is my favourite part of my monthly treat, as it's like a surprise within a surprise; plus, I bloody LOVE makeup.

Every month, a product from My Little Box's own beauty range, my Little Beauty, is included. This month it was a Flamingo decorated (love) "Summer Lips," a product halfway through a balm and a gloss.

The product itself is extremely soft and creamy. It's a very pigmented pinky-red, which is very shiny and comfortable to wear. It's also SPF 15! I really love this lip product and I know I'll get lots of use out of it.

Next was a sample size of  hairspray from Batiste. I absolutely love Batiste's dry shampoo - I swear by them. They're my lazy savior for when I can't be bothered to wash my hair, which is more often than not.

Don't judge.

Therefore I have no worries about this product and I know it'll be good quality. The packaging is always super cute on these tins as well!


The final product in the bag was a skincare product from a brand I'd never heard of. Although exploring unknown brands can be either hit or miss, whenever a product is a hit, there's a whole other brand you can investigate when you otherwise wouldn't know about it.

That's sorta exciting for someone obsessed with makeup. My life literally gets no crazier.

The brand is Kadalys and it's the Hydramuse Comforting Cream, in "Yellow Banana and Mango" (you know, in case you get those purple potassium sticks instead). According to Kadalys' Website, it's super nourishing and it's main aim is to restore hydration in the skin.

It feels nice on the skin so I'm 'appy.

Then the box was empty bar one item. A lovely little techy gadget which get's my inner nerd bubbling. It's the fish eye lens, in partnership with Printe, which you can clip onto your smartphone.


Although it's a little unncessary, it's really fun, and even has it's own little fabric bag to keep safe! It might make you look like you have a gigantic arm in selfies, but gosh darn it's bloody cute. Everything is always so well presented in these boxes.

There we go then. I was buzzing like a bumble bee on speed with this box. If only every months could be just as good!


The prices for the items in the My Little Friends Box retail at:

  • Fisheye Lens (yaaaaas) - £12
  • Kadalys Hydramuse Comforting Cream (received 40ml) - £15.66
  • Sweet & Salty Proper Corn - £1 (per 30g)
  • Batiste Hairspray (received 75ml) - £0.84
  • Nail Kit - £7.50
  • My Little Beauty "Summer Lips" - £12

Out of all of the items, which one would you like?

Previous Box Reviews:
June: My Little Summer Vibes Box

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top