Micellar Water Magic


Micellar Water Magic


Up until now I have only ever used wipes to remove my makeup, but I can't say that it's the most effective method of makeup removal. Since I wear so much eye makeup, scrubbing around my eyes means that even with the most sensitive wipes my eyes get extremely sore! Plus, I can never fully remove all of my layers of mascara and the eyeliner applied to my waterline. Therefore I was on the lookout for something to relieve my face at the end of the day - I mean, how amazing does it feel to rub your eyes after not being able to for hours on end?

I wasn't looking for a lotion or creams; actually I don't know what I was looking for. Eventually I remembered Micellar Water, a product a friend swears by.




Micellar Water is named after micelles, tiny round balls of cleansing molecules that float within the water. The cleansing agent means that oil, dirt and makeup can be smoothly wiped away quickly and efficiently. It's becoming ever more popular as of late, and lots of brands are now featuring them on their lines.

I'm using the Garnier Micellar Water and I'm really impressed with it. The bottle comes in a handbag size (great for travelling) and a 400ml bottle which lasts up to an amazing 200 washes!

The Boots own brand Micellar Water was also recommended to me as good, however I got my hands on the Garnier one first. It comes in simplistic packaging; a clear bottle with a pretty pink cap. On the other hand, regarding the packaging, I do struggle to get the water out. I shake the water onto a cotton pad, however this goes everywhere and it does leave the bottle quite quickly so I end up with more than I need. It seems like a waste in this way as only a small quantity is required.


Micellar Water is totally scentless and feels fresh and light on the skin which contrasts to the effects of lotions and creams; my skin always feels thick and clogged after I use heavier products, which is why my skin care regime is next to none existent. The benefits of Micellar Water is also felt after the refreshing use of it - my skin feels lovely and smooth as a result of daily use.

There are also other Garnier Micellar water products available:
 Overall I'm extremely happy with the quality of the product, I just think that the packaging could do with some improvements!

What do you use to remove your makeup?

CONVERSATION

4 comments:

  1. I've been seeing lots of reviews of micellar water and it's definitely on my list of products to try as soon as I finish my cleansing oil. Informative review and great post.

    Tazhiana
    Tazhiluxe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely, it's definitely an essential to try! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I also use the Garnier Micellar Water. I always use it to get most of my makeup off before I go in with my cleanser. It definitely does the job without it being too harsh on my skin. Like you said, it is a very light formula. Unfortunately, Mine fell of the bathroom cabinet and the lid broke (which was quite disappointing as there was so much left in there. They last quite awhile!). So I am planning on picking up another one soon.

    Sarah's Abode -xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, I would be devastated if that happened to me! xx

      Delete

Back
to top