March: My Little Bubble Box!


March: My Little Bubble Box!

Let me just start off by saying this is the cutest and brightest box from My Little Box that I have ever seen. My Little Box already do awesome designs - their own designers Kanako are literally amazing - but this month just blew me away. Everything was just so bright and wonderful and full of Spring sunshine; well, theoretically since we haven't actually gotten any spring sun yet.



The first thing that stood out when I opened the box was a white balloon with "BE WILD" printed on it. Although I doubt I'll be blowing it up and walking around with it on my wrist like I would have done when I was seven, it's just a really adorable touch. My Little Box really do put so much thought into their boxes.

Next came the magazine feature, continuing on the bright theme. This time inside was different hair brushes and their functions, different ways to use a beauty blender, style inspiration and an adorable "Emoji scope."

The next noticeable thing was a big blue box. Despite it saying "Happy Hair Day" I still couldn't figure out what was inside - dosey or what? - but it was, rather obviously, a super cute, blue paddle hairbrush. It's a little thing but works surprisingly well, has white detailing and "Be Cooler" in curly navy writing. I really like this product. It somehow tackles my thick hair extremely well and is the perfect size to be carried around in a bag.


Another tiny box was also included, however this one gave nothing away as to what was inside. Labelled My Little Beauty - My Little Box's own beauty range - it was extremely light and I couldn't reason any guess as to what it was. It turned out to be a small beauty blender. It's significantly more pointed than any other beauty blender I have but it's cute and I really enjoy using it.


As per came a fabric bag filled with beauty and skincare products - literally, this is my favourite thing about this monthly subscription, it's like surprise within a surprise - and although I was left disappointed by one or two things, I was ecstatic about everything else!

First, what looked like a white nail polish came tumbling out, however the appearance is actually really deceiving. It's labelled "Bubble Blush" and is in fact a liquid Lip & Cheek Tint in a weird, purple colour. At first glance I knew it wasn't going to be for me. It's a My Little Beauty product again, which totally surprised me as typically there is only one product included every month from My Little Box's range, and is the first product I don't like from My Little Beauty! The applicator has stuck together which means applying the colour in one big splotch since the fine hairs didn't spread, as typical with a nail polish brush.


Furthermore, once applied to the cheeks it couldn't be blended out very well so I was left with a purple splotch in the middle of my face. It goes missing on the lips - no colour, no shine. The only thing I do like about this product is the fruity berry smell it has, but we don't buy makeup just for the smell.


The skin care product was something I had to research since all the information and ingredients are in French. However it turns out to be a clever little thing that has done wonders for me. From Garancia, a bottle was included of Pschitt Magic Micropeeling treatment that "melts the dead cells and gives the skin the ability to regenerate itself from the inside out" and it actually feels like it does! It feels like completely new, soft skin on my face after I use it.


It's a bubbly foam with no abrasive qualities and is instructed to be left on the skin for thirty seconds - almost like a quick mask - before being washed away and beginning your normal skin care routine. I can't sing enough praises for this product, I love it! Plus, they've paired up with Kanako, as previously mentioned My Little Box's own designers, to create super adorable packaging.


The next product was a bonus product for myself, I think, since I received the same NoxiDoxi face mask in two boxes and when I mentioned this on my blog I received an email with an apology and a promise of an extra product in March's box - the hint was "guaranteed to make you the cat’s meow (hint, hint)" which leads me to believe it's the eyeliner to create the iconic cat's eye eyeliner flick.


It's a white pen covered in music notes and the eyeliner itself is very, and remains very, pigmented and produces quite a thick line as the nib is quite wide. There can be smudging but it's nothing too bad and isn't anything a little setting spray wouldn't fix.


The final product is definitely the OMG product of the box and is the one I love the most. Really, I couldn't believe it when I saw it but I am honestly so happy and buzzing all over for it. It's the Givenchy Noir Couture Volume Mascara in black satin. The packaging is just sensational, the hourglass brush, slightly thicker on the bottom than on the top, really adds length to the lashes. The smaller end really aids getting product to those eyelashes towards the inner corner of the eye.


To put it plainly, I'm in love. Who wouldn't be?

The mascara did start off as a bit too wet, so I did allow it a bit of a drying out period before I made it my every day mascara, but right now I can't find anymore faults!



Overall, I am so, so happy with this box and it's definitely one of my favourites, if not my favourite box, that I've received. It really competes with my previous favourite the December Magic Box.




The total costs for the products are:
  • Bubble Blush - not specified
  • Givenchy Mascara - £25
  • Beauty Blender - £8
  • Hairbrush - £13
  • Micropeeling Mask - 14.80
  • Eyeliner - extra free for myself
That totals this box at £60.80. This is amazing considering I only pay £15 a month for the box including delivery!

Is there any products that you would have liked from this box?

Previous box reviews:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top